Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Countdown

Well, a little less than 48 hours and I will probably be in surgery. Kimberly and I both are very nervous and having trouble getting a good night's sleep. I am sure that is not abnormal, but still difficult nonetheless. I go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to complete another pulmonary functioning test so they can have another measure prior to surgery. After that visit I go and sign the paperwork with the surgeon and get all the nitty-gritty stuff done. After that I go to my pre-admissions visit and talk with people about anesthesia. You would think after all I have been through that they would know the answers to the same questions they ask me everytime. But, oh well. Then tomorrow evening we are going to a healing service at church that we have every Wednesday night followed by dinner somewhere. That will be my last meal before going on hospital food for awhile...no fun.

Anyway, this will probably be my last post until after discharge unless something happens between now and surgery. Wish me well and look for Kimberly to post on how I am doing post-op.

Peace,
Josh

4 comments:

Kathy said...

We hope your nerves settle and you get some good rest before surgery. We will be coming to bham this weekend and would like to come and see you if you are up to it. We'll be in touch with Kimberly. Sending prayers up for you both!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Know that you and Kimberly will be in our thoughts and prayer.

Vickie Cross
The Cross Family
(Kathy Wimberly's mom)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Josh and Kimberly,
No mater where we are our prayers are going up for you as they have for many years! God has you in the palm of his hand and his love surrounds you. Peace be to you.
Love A.C. Uncle Russ Lydia and Johnathan

Kathy said...

Will Josh be accepting visitors on Saturday? Let us know! Kathy, Sam, and I would like to come and visit!