Friday, July 17, 2009

Anxiety and Fear

I am starting to get really nervous. I know it is normal, but I am beginning to get really edgy. I try and keep myself busy but there is no escape. I finished some tests on Wednesday and the rest are scheduled for this coming Wednesday, a day before the surgery. Everything is on schedule and I will find out the exact time of the surgery when I visit the doctor to sign the paperwork on Wednesday. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I am sure everything will go as planned, but I can't help but worry. I will probably be in the hospital for 4-5 days. I heard from someone who has had tumors removed from her lung that they give you and upper epiderel. She said that it hurts like hell when you wake up. I guess the hardest recovery part is letting your ribs heal. They go through under my arm between some ribs with a 6 inch cut. I have been through some major surgery before so I am sure I will be fine. Pain usually goes away, not always, but usually.

Peace,
Josh

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I was really curious how they approach the lungs for resection. I have no doubt the rib pain will be the worst part. And any chest tubes for drainage. That is what they told us for Sam's surgery...that the chest tube drains were the most painful. You are ALWAYS in our prayers and we await updates as you hear them!
Kathy

Jimmy & Shirley Spikes said...

Josh, You and Kimberly are ever in our thoughts and prayers. Although we don't always respond, we faith- fully read all your blogs. Our "old
folk"s Sunday School class prays for you each Sun. as well as our Wed. night group. May God's Spirit minister to your heart and give you a calmness and inner peace this week that only He can give.
We love you, Jimmy & Shirley

Anonymous said...

We love you and you are in our thoughts and AWAYS in our prayers...
Let us know if we can do anything for you and Aunt Kimberly.
The Foster's

Anonymous said...

Josh - We are always praying for you and Kimberly.

Mark, Shannon, and the boys

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Josh. You and Kimberly are loved and prayed for.
Tracy & Wade

Anonymous said...

The words to express how we truly feel are always so hard to come by. It is in our prayers to God that our true expression in faith and heartfelt feelings are known to God. He knows before the words are spoken.
Love,
A.C. and Uncle Russ