Thursday, August 13, 2009

Braves Game


I met my friend Wade and his son Westbrook in Atlanta for a Braves game Tuesday night. It was Westbrook's first Braves game and we all had a blast. Wade and I had been planning to go before my surgery but scheduling never worked out, so we were able to squeeze it in before summer was up. The game was great and the Braves beat-up on the Nationals 8-1.

Just to check-in with everyone, my recovery continues. I am getting much better regarding my pain and the incision is healing up nicely. I can still tell some minor differences in breathing, but I am sure that it will continue to improve as well. I see my oncologist on Monday and we schedule my follow-up chemotherapy. I will keep everyone updates about how that goes.

Take care and hope everyone is doing alright!


Peace,
Josh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Josh and Kimberly, Glad you were able to get to the Braves Game before the summer ended. We went today to Dauphin Island for some fishing and beachcombing with Johnathan. It is his last weekend of summer and school starts Monday! He had his orientation for Freshmen. He is all ready to go and then Lydia gave him the word on his teachers/coaches etc... Now his fears are in his throat! I will keep you posted. Happy to hear that your pain is getting better. You are awesome and our imspiration!
Love and many prayers,
A.C. and Uncle Russ

Amanda and Bryan said...

I hope each breath is easier than the previous. Hey Kim! Hope you are well. It was so good to see the two of you when you made the trip south. We think of you and send strength your way daily.

No baby news yet. I went to the doctor this week. If we are not pregnant within the next six months, we will begin some discussions about fertility.
I love how everyone says, "oh stop worrying about it and you will get pregnant". I believe I am going to write a book on what "NOT" to say to people who are trying to conceive.
(lol)

~ Amanda