Thursday, August 14, 2008

One Year + One Day

Yesterday was a milestone for me. It has been one year since I was diagnosed with cancer. I am not really sure how to feel about it. I am still not ready to be real "cocky" about being cancer free. I have my many moments of euphoria, but I am constantly worried that it might return. I am extremely blessed to be where I am and every day continues to see improvement. I am hopeful that when I return to the doctor for my next lab work in November that I will finally be in normal range for both my white blood cell and red blood cell count.

My diet continues to be much improved. Kimberly finally convinced me to spend the extra money and buy organic products when possible. It is certainly a price difference, but it does make sense from where I stand. (Does that chemotherapy come in an organic brand? Ha Ha!!!)

Anyway...college football is near and I am happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so ready for football season around here...mostly, because we have that new Publix. Any excuse to eat, right? :^)
May be Notre Dame will pull it through this year?

Yes, organic is expensive. At least local stores are getting with the program now so that you do not have to drive to the "big city" to get anything "trendy." ;^) Though that Whole Foods is kind of cool.

Love you both!

Dana said...

I am so glad to hear that all is going well. Fifteen more days until AL/Clemson!! You know me and football. Now that I have an HD big screen t.v., it is going to be even better!

I cannot remember if I e-mailed you that I am back in Tuscaloosa. It is nice to be back home.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh and Kimby,

I'm still working on those tickets. I've posted a message on the MSU ticket exchange forum, stating that I would prefer 3 chair back seats, but I said I would consider any decent seats. No responses yet, but it looks like the message activity on the Auburn game is starting to pick up some, so I'm still hopeful on that front. If that doesn't work, I'll try some other way.

Love y'all,

Daddy Steve

Savannah and David said...

We are ready to see you over labor day weekend! Maybe we can visit and watch football?... And of course, celebrate Kimby's birthday!
Sending our love,
Savannah and David