Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Health Update

Monday I had scheduled appointments with my radiation and medical oncologists. Everything checked out alright. My white blood cell count is still below normal, but it is rising. The same is true for my red blood cell count, but it has a bit more ground to cover to get back to speed. The medical oncologist tends to think that by the next visit things should be in the low end of normal.

I was waiting patiently in the office room when the doctor arrived. He had recently read my surgeons note on the surgery outcomes. His quick glance lead him to believe that I had recently had my first surgery, not my concluding one. (I need to preface that he sees a huge amount of patients so I don't blame him for not specifically knowing where I am in my treatment process without chit-chatting with me and catching-up) Anyway, he proceeds to tell me about my adjudvant therapy and the need to start right away. He swirlled back in the rolling examination chair at my response. I really was about to be really pissed off. About that time we both realized his mishap and things were alright. Funny moment though.

Well, my next CT-Scan is scheduled in November and I see all my doctors around that time and the beginning of December. Things are going better that I had expected so I am extremely blessed to be where I am. Thanks to everyone for the continued support.

Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are starting to feel better and that you and Kimberly had a really good time on your vacation.
Love you both!