Friday, May 16, 2008

Update

Well the test was over in about 15 minutes. I was able to hold the barium in pretty well on the way to the bathroom after the test. That was my first real test of sphincter control I have had since the surgery. Seems like it will not be a huge problem in the long-term...hopefully. Expelling the liquid was the most difficult and it is hard to completely get rid of everything. I had to sit back down a couple of times thinking I was finished. When I stood up I think gravity helped me empty the rest from the J-Pouch and right above it in the lower colon. The J-Pouch looked really cool...it actually does really resemble a J at the bottom of your colon. It looked as though the two sides were not connected to each other like I had envisioned so I am going to ask about it Thursday.

Although I could not get a clinical assessment of the results I was looking at the screen and asking questions the whole time. I asked that if there were leaks then the outline of the colon and J-Pouch would not be as defined as it was and they responded yes. I did not get an answer about leaks, but I did not notice any barium standing out on the screen outside the colon and J-Pouch. So, hopefully things are looking good.

Now the next step is the CT-Scan on Thursday and see the doctor.

Later
Josh

No comments: