Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sorry For The Delay

Sorry everyone for not posting anything lately. The neuropathy in my hands and feet is getting worse. My hands are worse off than my feet, and the feeling has progressed from a "pins and needles" feeling to a painful hurting feeling with them always feeling ice cold. I am starting to feel better from the last chemo treatment. I still take my pills everyday and try and deal with all the side effects. I meet with my medical oncologist next week before my treatment and I will get to talk with him about how the side effects are going. Not sure he can do anything about them, but he can suggest ways to manage them.

I am still really tired and just feeling low about all this. I know I am almost at the end of this treatment regimen, but I am really just exhausted. Kimberly and I are planning a getaway for the 4th of July. It is nice to have something to look forward to. I means so much to me as I go through all this chemo. I am really looking forward to being completely on the mend here in about three months. I hope to resume a normal schedule and "re-enter my life" as survivors call it. I understand from others that it is a gradual process and something that everyone does differently. I will probably start out with a light schedule at first as I build my energy back up. Of course, I still have one more surgery to complete, but I am not looking at that being any more difficult than the first surgery...and hopefully a lot less invasive and painful.

Please know that I cannot wait to see everyone who has been providing me support over the seven months. I miss everyone dearly and look forward to enjoying meals, spirits, laughter, and all the sorts once I am better. Well, everyone take care and hopefully the neuropathy will improve over the next week and I will feel up to a few more posts.

Peace,
Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just keep recovering, don't worry about getting posts up on our account. I'm looking forward to those "meals, spirits, and laughter" in a few months. We'll talk to you soon!

Brandy Roberts said...

Josh,
It's Brandy Branch....from the good ol' days of St. Luke's!! :)

I don't know where to start. I am sitting at my computer with tears running down my face, and my heart is breaking for you. Laura Hoffman had told me about this last night, as she had come across it on myspace. I have been reading your blog entries, and I am so proud of your strength and Kimberly's support. She must be an amazing woman. You have out up one heck of a fight, and will beat this! I will be checking on you through your blog to see how things are progressing. God bless you both. I wish you two many happy memories together!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Josh and Kimberly,
Hope you were able to find a new dryer! Just one more daily blessing for you. But I am sure you enjoyed just going out to look for the dryer. It was great to talk to you. We all are looking forward to the "meals,spirits,and laughter." Ma Jones sends her love and prayers. We called Uncle Aaron. He is in St. George, UT He is there to stay he says. He sends his love and prayers.
Glad to hear you heard from some of the St. Lukes Ladies. Sandy Downing is the secretary there. I gave her the information one day while I was out walking. Seveeral of the Ladies in the office remembered you. They are going to open a High School at the old Julius T. Wright School on University Blvd. They are all excited. Take care and keep us in touch. Your always on our minds.
Love,
A.C. and Family

Unknown said...

Hey Brandy! It is great to hear from you. I hope you are doing alright. I am hanging in there...got a few more treatments left. I hope you return to keep up with my recovery. Thanks for the kind words. And yes...Kimberly is an amazing woman. She has been my strength through all this and I am lucky to have her by my side.

Talk to you later
Josh