Friday, December 21, 2007

Update

Hey everyone. We are hoping that Josh can be discharged from the hospital on Christmas Eve... the discharge criteria are that he's able to get up and walk, he's switched from IV pain meds to pills, and he's able to eat solid foods. He's been walking some every day and they disconnected the morphine pump and started him on Percoset this morning. He's grumpy about that (understandably), since he's still in a good bit of pain. He's still on a clear liquids diet for now, which means juice and chicken broth. I have been so impressed by his patience and his positive attitude. When he goes on walks around the unit, he smiles and says hello to everyone and encourages his fellow patients who are walking around too. So basically he's just being his normal friendly, gentlemanly self, only slowed down considerably and in pain. He did something very, very sweet for me--he had Cassie call me the day of the surgery to tell me that he loves me, since he knew he wouldn't be able to tell me right then. I really needed to hear that at that moment so that was really a blessing to me. Well, hopefully we'll be home for Christmas. Keep the prayers coming. Love, Kimberly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is good to hear. His attitude is inspirational.

God bless