Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hallelujah!!!!

Hello everyone, Kimberly here, Josh's surgery went as well as it could possibly have gone, according to the surgeon. They started at 9 yesterday and finished at 12:50. I was at the hospital from 6 am yesterday until 11 am today, so I'm a little cognitively impaired right now. :) Josh is doing AMAZING. He got up (with assistance, of course) and walked around the unit at 1:30 this morning. So 12 hrs after he was out of surgery, he was up walking around. He is a VERY patient patient, fortunately for me and Jamie. I'm so proud of him. Thank you to everyone who came to the hospital--Father Pat and Deacon Lou, Jamie, my parents, Aunt Toni, Uncle Sammy, Elizabeth, and we also got a visit from Savannah's Uncle Larry and granddaddy OC. I will post more when I'm able to think straight, but they were able to reconnect Josh with the J pouch and the temporary ileostomy. So no permanent colostomy bag! Yay! Thank you so much to everyone who has sent us prayers, good wishes and positive vibes.... it worked. God has truly blessed us and my heart is full of love I want to share with everyone. Will post more soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is truly Good!!

Anonymous said...

phew. good news.

Andrea Rebecca Kersh Johnson said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Thanks for sharing the great news!

Anonymous said...

Give our love to Josh and keep some for you Kimberly! We have been wanting to call but don't want to tire everyone out from answering the phone. Ma Jones has called me every time she hears anything. God has blessed you both and will continue his loving work.
A.C. Russ,Lydia and Johnathan

Savannah and David said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you both. Best wishes this christmas! Lots of love, Savannah