Friday, October 19, 2007

Benefit

Well the benefit was last night. Kimberly and I were unable to make it. I made it over for an interview on the school television program earlier in the day, but my pain and bathroom visits really was not lending itself to me being able to make it last night. Plus, with my white blood cell count being low, I am not sure that being around a bunch of folks would be a good idea. Also, if we traveled over to Tuscaloosa we would have been battling severe weather. So, we camped out at home.

I am really in a catch-22 right now. (WARNING IF YOU ARE EATING) The pain is really severe when I go to the bathroom. I mean REALLY severe. The catch is that I have pain medicine, but I am reluctant to take it. I take a stool softener twice a day to help with keeping things regular and easy to pass. The problem is that the pain medicine makes me constipated which does the exact opposite. When I take the pain medicine it causes my bowels to process my stool into a solid form. This causes much more pain than normal, so I am stuck trying to figure out what to do. Most days I endure the pain knowing that I have about six days left for it to worsen before the healing can begin. It is really a tough call, but one that I have to deal with. I know everyone is praying that I heal overall, but please put in a special prayer that the radiation burn will heal soon.

Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh and Kim,
I'm not a doctor and I don't know if I'm talking nonsence, so please forgive me, if the post is totally stupid. I know that some food might help you find a solution. Have you tried food like figs, kiwi etc? Could somebody else tell an opinion on that?
Have some patience Josh, you know that wonderful people are near you.
Bye now,
Dimitris :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh and Kimberly, The Mass was beautiful today There was even Bishop Wm. Houck a family friend from Chicago. He is the brother to family friends. The sermon was on Martyrs. Not just the saints of old but those in our everyday life that come through with the faith of God or Father. You are truly our inspiration for the long haul! Don't give up! Yell-scream- cry but do it knowing you are never alone. Never forget the footprints of those who have walked before,after or during your suffering each is with you along the route saying you can do it!
Love and many prayers,
The Family

Anonymous said...

hello josh, well you missed a good time at the benefit-- I came up with a good question though--why do they call it Dos Eqious beer when you don't stop at 2---
miss you and get better--jim huebner

Anonymous said...

Hello Josh and Kim,
How are you? I hope you had a nice weekend. In Athens, God decided to rain a lot. It's useful for all, after environmental disasters. I don't have anything more to say tonight, except sending you my positive thoughts for health. Waiting for your post.
Bye now,
Dimitris :)