Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sperm Banking

Kimberly and I went to the reproductive endocrinologist on Friday. The main reason for our visit was to discuss in detail the procedure for saving sperm and to also conduct a specimen analysis to make sure everything is okay on my part. Our visit was met with a little apprehension of the unknown. Initially they have you complete a bunch of forms. The next step is to collect a sample. I thought I had some good jokes working over rectal cancer, well I only added to the material at this visit. Quite humorous to say the least. Too bad I am not going to visit this place on April fools day...too many ideas, too many. Anyway, everything was alright. In fact, I am proud to say that my swimmers would make Michael Phelps look like a 3-year old with floaties struggling to get back to the shallow end.

Well, hopefully this next week will fly by quickly. Waiting for treatment is about the drive me insane. I know there are procedures that have to take place, but patience is not something I have when it comes to the prospect of ridding my body of cancer. The good news is that some of my friends will be visiting over the next few weekends. First up is the Marston clan. Pat, Jeff, and Jamie will be traveling up to stay with us and spend some time hanging out. We plan on watching Saban's return to the SEC on pay per view (boy it was tough giving up our tickets this year...sigh!) Kimberly's birthday is the same day, so the plan is to cook out and relax. The next weekend we will be visited by my friend Wade. He is flying in from Charlotte and coming to spend a few days with us. His step-brother lives in the area and I was hoping we could go down and visit him. He is a cancer survivor and also a new dad. I have not had a chance to meet the newest addition to his family.

Thanks again for the continued thoughts and prayers. There are no words to describe the gratitude that Kimberly and I feel for the support we have received.

Peace
Josh

3 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Josh,

Don't worry, I'm not even going to think about commenting on this one.

Speaking of SEC football, don't forget to tune in Thursday night (MSU vs LSU, ESPN 7:00). Maybe we can get Les Miles fired, too.

Peace

Steve

M said...

Hey man, looking forward to the visit. I'll call Tuck this week so we can go hang out and visit babies. I'll try to come up with some different jokes and we can compare when I get there.......

Clare Bolek said...

The good news is that you have a kick ass TV set that you can watch the games on. And next year you will be there in person. It was great seeing you all last weekend. I will make sure the Savage family sends food your way.

Josh for all the men out there who I know their sperm don't swim too well- I am glad for you and Kimby that you have the fastest ones around.

I love this blog but not as much as I love you both.
love from the red line,
clare