Friday, October 16, 2009

Just Got Home

Kimberly just brought me home from the hospital. We thought it was going to be outpatient surgery but they kept me overnight to make sure the bleeding stopped okay. The ENT stated that it was pretty gross up in there. He had to clean out all 8 sections of my sinuses with one place having a "golf-ball" sized amount of fungus. He also said they removed quite a few polyps from around the areas. I am still bleeding a bit and draining down my throat, but the packing in my nose is helping. It looks like I have gotten my nose broken in a fight. I return on Monday to have my packing removed and potentially restart my chemotherapy. I am awaiting word from my oncology nurse about that because they may want me to reschedule. I called earlier and stated that I needed to have my packing removed before I do my chemo to avoid getting sick with the ENT. They mentioned that the chemo chairs are reserved and they may not be able to move the times around. Either way, the chemo will start soon.

On another note, I successfully defended my annotated bibliography on Wednesday. It had been a really long time coming. I am scheduled to take my comprehensive exams on the 27th and 28th. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Peace,
Josh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason had that done too so he feels ya on the packing, drainage, and such. We hope you heal fast and that it was a successful prceedure. Did they say it may occur again?
Be sure and wave to Jason...he is working at Costcos now.
Love and prayers,
The Foster's

Anonymous said...

Prayers on going from the Mobile Wimberlys. Johnahtan is loving McT! We get his first report card on Wed. We hope WE LOVE IT! You are on the prayer list there by the way. We have a group of parents that meet often for Holy Hour. Take care and keep us posted we will keep watching. Russ is in Montgomery until Wed. He was hoping to come up there but He has another guy with him.
Love always,
A.C.