Monday, June 8, 2009

Up Yours Cancer!

Good news...they are going to take my lung out. Yes, you can laugh.

My Ct-scan showed good response to the chemotherapy. My tumor shrank by half and there were no signs of further metastasis. This means that we can move forward with a surgical intervention. I will hear soon about my scheduled visit with the surgeon and then I will meet with him and discuss our game plan. I have to wait 4-6 weeks from the last infusion of Avastin before I can undergo a surgery. That will put me having surgery probably some time next month.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and keep them coming.

Talk to everyone soon!
Josh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Josh, "shrinkage" is not always a bad thing. ;) I love you so much and I am beyond thankful for this news. My soul needed it.
Kimby

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!! We love you, Uncle Josh!!
The Foster's

Unknown said...

Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Josh and Kimberly,

Rodney and I are so happy about your "good" news! We will continue to keep you in our prayers as you prepare for your surgery.

The Mortimers,

Kathy said...

This is great news! Who needs two lungs anyway?? Please let us know your surgery date when you know! You're always in our prayers! Both of you!
Kathy Chris and Sam

Boxley said...

Cool. You can pick up a spare later. I sat with two guys who both had lung transplants (in a hospital in Australia - don't ask). They seemed pretty happy with the new ones. And in a few years, you can probably pick up an extra lung at the body parts store. TeamLlewellyn are real fans of new parts, you know.

Hang in there. Boxley and Jane