Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday #1

Today is my 32nd birthday. I am very grateful to be here and celebrate this day free from the grip of chemotherapy. I still fight for everyday that I have and will continue to do so til my last breath.

The Lord calls us individually by name for some purpose to fulfill Her will. I have yet to completely discern this for my life, but I remain open to this calling and will serve in whatever capacity She sees fit. The Lord has already sent me into the intimate places of others' hearts and lives and I have done my best to serve. The Lord has called me to examine my heart in this process and to begin a journey of self-understanding that encompasses multiple perspectives and traditions.

I reaffirm my faith in my Lord this day. She has shown me the strength of this faith and I will mold this into my actions. I seek not to express mercy for those I serve, but moreover I walk in solidarity with them towards the Justice of God Almighty!

Love to all,
Josh

2 comments:

Andrea Rebecca Kersh Johnson said...

And love to you! Also Happy Birthday again - and "Amen" to your comments about President Obama. We have hope.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Our hearts cheer for you. You have helped us all be better people to others as well as ourselves. God Bless.

The Jeff Marstons,
Jamie Sophia Wesley