Friday, May 30, 2008

At-Home

I go to come home this morning. Things kicked back into gear last night and I was able to pass alot of gas and have a few bowel movements. It is such a strange feeling, but what a relief. No more catchin' farts, though!!! Oh well.

It is really nice to be home. I will slowly begin the adjustment to solid foods and my bowels. I made a comment to the doctor in the hospital about where all the food is that I was eating. He assured me that as soon as things start up again I am going to want them to slow down. So we will see.

I still have some pain in my incision sight, but it is getting better. The sutures will come out next Thursday when I return for a check-up.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!
Josh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, I'm so glad that you are 1)cancer free, 2)successfully re-connected and 3) back at your home with your lovely wife where you belong!!!! I admire the strength, love and courage that both of you have demonstrated during this most difficult year. You both inspire me in my day to day life! Congratulations on getting to this juncture in your journey. Wishing you both much more love and happiness for the future. P.S.: When your ready for a spicy meal; I want to take you both to Surin West for Thai food!!!!
Neal

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Uncle Josh!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day!!!!!!!! I called Uncle Aaron and he said to Go For it! He was elated to hear about your recovery. He said you and Kimberly should take a trip out West when all is well! He is loving it!
We love you both,
A.C.and Uncle Russ

Anonymous said...

Happy Day!!!!!!!! I called Uncle Aaron and he said to Go For it! He was elated to hear about your recovery. He said you and Kimberly should take a trip out West when all is well! He is loving it!
We love you both,
A.C.and Uncle Russ

Savannah and David said...

Glad to hear you're home!
Love from the Fersters