Friday, April 25, 2008

Susan's Benefit

Soon after I was diagnosed with cancer, I found out that a lady who works in the social work department was also beginning her newest battle with melanoma. She had apparently had a small battle earlier in her life with melanoma, and this time it had returned as a spot in her lung. She is currently putting up her battle with chemo and so it was her turn last night to have a benefit jam. Everyone at the school said that putting it together for me created a great model for coordinating such an event. I guess this time around all the kinks were worked out.

Anyway, here is some footage that Kimberly took of myself and a few colleagues from the school as we opened up the night of music with a brief acoustic set. Not great, but it was a nice time. Not sure if you can notice my shirt but it says "FUCK CANCER"...my motto for the past seven months. In the video is myself, J.K. Terrell (harmonica) and Bob McKinney (bass). There was a whole line-up of music last night, so this is just a snippet of the great time that was had last night.

Keep fighting, Susan!!!

Peace
Josh

2 comments:

Jamie said...

me and robert took a few guitar lessons from that guy Bob!

looked like fun, wish i'd heard about it in time!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see you aout doing what you love! Making music!
Love ya,
A.C.