Monday, March 31, 2008

Symphonic Healing

This past weekend I had a nice burst of energy. I am starting to feel better from my treatment and felt up to a little activity. Kimberly and I decided to go to the Alabama Symphony Orchestra on Friday night. They were playing a few selected pieces including Beethoven's 6th symphony. I had a great time with Kimberly and it was so relaxing to hear the music.

I was feeling a little left over energy the next day and decided that I needed to do some much needed yard work. With my medications, I am not supposed to be exposed to the sun for long periods of time. Saturday morning was overcast so it worked out perfectly. After that I went with Kimberly and helped with the grocery shopping. Sunday was church and now I am exhausted again. It is not that I push myself too much, just that I now have to replenish again. Hopefully this process will get alot easier in the next few months.

A couple we go to church with is battling cancer as well. The husband was diagnosed late last year with stomach cancer. He has pretty much been doing his chemotherapy the same time that I have. Anyway, last week he visited his doctor for his supposed last treatment and the doctor prescribed two more treatments. If my doctor does that to me I am going to be pissed. I am really looking forward to getting this last one done. It is hell, but the "last one" makes it all sound so nice! Anyway, you can tell my worrying about my next treatment has begun.

Take care everyone and I hope to talk to you all soon!
Josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, you and Kimberly look great! I am glad to hear that you have had a burst of energy. Only more to come!

Love you guys
Shannon, Mark and the Boys

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith man, you're almost there. I Look forward to our next meeting. Till then...

Love,
Jeff, Jamie, Sophia & Wesley

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh and Kimberly. That is a great photo! So happy to hear you were able to enjoy yourselves. More good days ahead~
Love A.C