Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hangin' In There

Hello All! I know I have not been updating the blog as much as usual, but I have been in a funk lately. I am still managing the ostomy okay, but my pain level is still bothersome. I knew that this was going to be approximately a month-long recovery, but I am growing tiresome of the pain. I take my medication and it helps my mobility, but the persistent soreness is driving me crazy. Plus, the medication makes it difficult for me to concentrate on tasks that I wish to accomplish. Please know that I am still steadfast in my approach to this illness. I know this sounds of whining and complaining, but I assure you that it is not. It is simply that I am wearisome of the pain that has been present for some time now.

On another front, I have resumed my schedule of attendance at church. Kimberly and I usually go to the Wednesday healing service and then worship services on Sunday. I have also started doing a few more errands around town during the day. I do not have much energy to expend and the driving does not help the pain, but it is good to get out of the house every once and awhile. I am still not up for the long drive to Tuscaloosa just yet, but I look forward to that soon.

The anxiety is beginning to set in regarding the next round of chemo. I am really nervous about it. I know that it is entirely normal to feel this way, but it does not rid me of the task at hand. I am hoping that it will not be as bad as the first round. Also, the ostomy may be more manageable in regards to the wasting that I experience. Anyway, three more months...three more months...three more months!!!!

Peace
Josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot ease your pain or lessen your anxiety. I can only keep you in my prayers and near our hearts. You are always on our minds,in our thoughts and prayers.
A.C.

Andrea Rebecca Kersh Johnson said...

Josh-
You are in my prayers today and every day.
Peace, blessings and love,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Josh,

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Take comfort in the fact that the healing process is about getting stronger every day. Even though it may not feel like it sometimes, you are a little stronger today than yesterday.
Mark, Shannon, and the boys.