Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Step 2....Check!

Well, I have officially completed step two of the treatment process. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the past week and also extend holiday wishes to everyone. I AM SO GLAD TO BE AT HOME!!! The hospital stay was not too bad. There were ups and downs, but for the most part I was able to recuperate normally without serious set-backs. My surgeon is awesome!!! I am so amazed at what he and his team have been able to accomplish. Well, first I should say that I am amazed at the blessings of God and his creation, our bodies...then follow that with I am amazed with my surgeon. My body is so resilient. I cannot believe how well it handles such a traumatic event and adapts to its new configuration. Sure, it hurts and doesn't start out working perfectly, but my body has adapted well to the temporary bag.

I am finally regaining my appetite and eating solid foods. I am still staying away from the obvious disasters (spices, mexican, greasy, etc.), but most other things I can handle no problem. It certainly feels much better to be resting at home and not in that damn hospital bed. I swear I could never really get in a comfortable position in that bed! It is also really nice to see Stanley (my cat). I missed him and he missed me, which is obvious by his non-stop clinging to me wherever I go. If I am in the recliner, he is right there with me cuddled up and keeping me warm. He is slowly realizing that he cannot step on my stomach and rub faces with me, but he comes over from the arms of the chair instead.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday this year. I look forward to being back to 100% soon and back to my normal daily routines. My first follow-up appointment with the surgeon is next Thursday, but hopefully I will post before then.

Peace in the new year,
Josh

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Josh,
I am so relieved to hear that things have been working out well for you.

Cats can be such a great comfort!!!
Im glad you are home and that you had a peaceful christmas.

Stay well,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Ah-ah-ah routines of life are so welcome to us no matter what is happening. We loved talking with you over the Holiday and look forward to talking with you again. Our visit with Farrens was great! We miss them already. Tonight we spent with Kim and family, Chris and Kathy and dinner at the dining table again! We look forward to having you and Kimberly with us soon too!
Love the Wim-Fam

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh,
We are so pleased and thankful that everthing went and continues to go well. Let us know if you need anything. Hope your 2008 is extremely boring (in some ways).
Take care,
Bonnie and Brad

Anonymous said...

hey Josh, Ma Jones here! Read Your Blog. Will call you later. Love You!
Nones