Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Far, So Good

Well, the liquids only seems to be working pretty good. There is still pain, but it has dramatically decreased with the liquid stools. I had heard from a few other people (cancer patient and a relative) that juicing can assist with this type of cancer if there are problems with bowels. I guess I should have looked into it more than I did, it may have really helped in hindsight.

Another area of interest that I have been looking at is liver flushing. I have been doing some research on the Oxaliplatin that I take (the one that makes me really sick). Sounds like I am having an allergic reaction when I get the chills and some other side effects. Other patients, whose stories are available online, have had their doctors administer benadryl and have them take it at home as needed. As far as the liver flushing, it turns out that the family of platins (types of medications) all have platinum as their active agent to kill the cancer cells. Platinum is processed in the liver, so my liver is getting a work-out right now. It is probably wondering what in the hell I am eating or drinking. Anyway, I have read some folks talking about flushing their livers with various alternative medicines for about a week after completing their chemo treatment. I will ask my doctor what he thinks about all this when I see him.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing alright out there. I hope to catch-up with everyone soon!

Josh

No comments: