Friday, September 28, 2007

Third Week Kicking My Ass

I thought I would post while I have a little energy. Sorry if my language offends anyone, but there is just no way to sugar coat this. I think Thursdays are going to become my worst nightmare. I had my third IV treatment yesterday and got extremely sick. I had chills for about five hours and could not get them to go away. I was under three blankets with the thermostat close to 80 degrees. I feel better today, but nowhere near okay. I think I have covered the full gamut of side effects since yesterday. My neuropathy worsened yesterday as well. It is such a strange feeling. I had it before, but it was pretty bad yesterday. It was almost like not being able to use my hands. All of this adds up to a general feeling of pain. My stomach muscles hurt from cramping up from the chills. My stomach itself it also upset with both diarrhea and vomiting. I also get occasional headaches which really hurt for about 10 or 15 minutes.

On a better note, I would like to thank everyone who has brought by some food. We have received a great amount of outpouring of people wanting to bring meals. The one strange thing is that we want to make sure that nothing gets wasted, so some folks we are asking to bring us food at a later date. I would hate for someone to prepare some food and then have it go bad. The Simon/Frank family, the Pryce's, the Marston's, Jamie & Robert have all provided us some great meals.

Hopefully by the next post I will be feeling better.

Josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh Russ sent a note to you BUT IT DIDN'T GO THROUGH!
lOVE YOU,
ac

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh:

There is no way that I can assume what you are going through. However, please know that your Father and I lived through a lot of crap in our early years. Key here is that we lived!! I don't know what you know, but we SURVIVED! You can do the same. Shit happens; it stinks; you can't hold it, you don't want to; but shit happens. Forget the stink, rise above. Pray to our Blessed Mother for guidance, I do everyday. And I will do so every day for you.

Uncle Rusty
===========
P.S. Notice that I put the scat references in there as we do as a family.

Jamie said...

hope u have a restful weekend, josh.