Monday, September 10, 2007

So It Begins

Well, I finally am scheduled to start treatment on Thursday. I am still as nervous as I have always been. I get the feeling that this anxious feeling will never really go away. Cancer survivors have shared with me that they still get nervous when they have their tests done every year. So I guess I will just get used to it over time. I have been thinking about alot lately and I am still not sure what to make of all this. It is really difficult to find meaning for something of this nature. I hope that I can expand on these thoughts in the near future, but right now I am just checking in.

This past weekend we were visited by Wade, my friend from Charlotte. He flew in for the weekend on Friday night and we went out and met his step-brother Tucker and his family. Tucker and his wife Tannis have a baby named Rome and she is really cute. The weekend was really great (except for the Auburn loss...looks like a long season at this pace). On Sunday we took in a movie, Superbad. It was super funny! I have not laughed that much at a movie in awhile.

We also received a very special gift sent by Wade's in-laws. If you remember the story that started this blog, then you will recall Team Llewellyn. Well, Jane (Team Mom) sent Kimberly and I a really nice portfolio with which she kept important information during Drew's journey. The portfolio was accompanied by a really nice letter and email that Kimberly and I feel was deeply heartfelt. I must say that some of the most positive vibes during this whole experience come from other cancer patients and their respective families. I am not minimizing what I have experienced from my friends and family, but you feel a certain connection to other patients and their families. I have found myself on numerous occasions in conversation with people in waiting rooms about how things are going. I never knew these people before in my life, but it just felt natural.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay and I hope to speak with you all soon.

Josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to have someone you can talk to about what is to come and what you will be going through as you go through it...
We love you both and your strength is an example to us all.
Love and prayers, always.

Anonymous said...

good luck today! game on...

Savannah and David said...

Best of luck today! We're thinking of you and sending our love...