Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Checking In

Well this week has gotten off to a pretty good start. I have all my medications and everything is running on schedule. I have yet to really have any serious side effects. I experience occasional pain along with a little bit of nausea, but nothing really too bad. The radiation is still going good also. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't experience many side effects, but I am being realistic. When they screen you for side effects I respond no to many of them, but the doctors say that it is early and that the effects are residual.

Another experience that has been hard has been seeing children cancer patients, probably the most difficult thing for me to see so far. However, one good thing is that there are dogs that come out to support cancer patients. They are always there for the children and they are next to them most of the way. I really think that is awesome! You can see the kids get really excited (dogs too!) when they meet each other. Hell...I get excited when I see the dogs.

Peace
Josh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Josh as a Mom I have seen a lot and it always grabs you by the heart strings. We are all somebodys child. You may not think that others feel what you are experiencing. We cannot feel exactly what you feel, but we ache inside for the pain of what we see. Our lives are touched daily by the lives of others. We are Gods gift to each other. Love, care, feel, help by putting out a hand or paw to hold or to be held...Touching is what we do for each other.

Jane LL said...

Drew loved it when the hospital dogs came to visit - he always made me go to the children's ward to make sure they knew where he was. So glad the first week has gone so well - we had a calendar with chemo and radiation appointments posted on the frig - there was something about crossing them off each day knowing we were one day closer to the end of treatment that helped us feel like we were in control and methodically , step-by-step beating the disease. Thanks for sharing - thinking of you and Kimberly often.
Jane & Boxley

Anonymous said...

I have heard about the dog program and glad that it helps not only those they have come to see but you as well. We think of you both often and please let us know if we can do anything.

Shannon and Mark said...

Josh, Glad to hear your week started off well. Also glad you are enjoying the dogs. As a matter of fact, I was enjoying the dogs on Saturday too. How 'bout them Dawgs! We are praying for you, but not so much for your team.

Mark and Shannon

Unknown said...

Good to know you're not feeling too sick and getting what you need. Not a day goes by that we don't think about you guys. And you're right..dogs rule. There aren't many things that will make a kid as happy as a dog.

Love you guys,
Jeff & Jamie

P.S. Sorry about Auburn.
P.S.S. Roll Tide

Unknown said...

I am glad to see so many people enjoying Auburn's tough start. Enjoy it while you can.